Minors under eighteen (18) years of age are prohibited from using this site. The Cookapp Site is not intended for children under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years old, please do not provide personally identifiable information of any kind whatsoever on the Cookapp Site.
Information We Collect
1. User Provided Information. Users may provide to Cookapp what is generally called “personally identifiable” information if you register with, access, or use the services of Cookapp.
2. Aggregate Data. Aggregate data is data we collect about a group or category of features, services or individuals, from which individual identities have been removed. For example, information about how one uses a feature may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same feature, without any personal information included in the resulting data. Cookapp uses aggregate data to help identify trends and understand User needs so we can provide better features and services.
- Individual Members. For example, during the registration process, individual Members, including Hosts and Guests, will be prompted to create an account with your first name and last initial and a password. Your display name will be disclosed to others. You are required to keep your password secret. We may enable you to supply information about yourself on a personal profile page. Information that you may be able to disclose might include the following: your demographical data, personal interests, pictures, videos, tastes, preferences, and other information. We encourage you to submit relevant information so we can provide you a more personalized experience to our Members, but you should be cautious in submitting personal information to areas viewable by others. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in your Member profile.
- Other Integrations or Applications. Cookapp may allow you to integrate certain other online profiles in certain cases. In those cases, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those third party websites and/or applications. Please consult the privacy policies of any third party websites and/or applications before using them to send information to others through the Cookapp Site. Your personally identifiable information may be visible to others through these third party integrations and applications on the Cookapp Site.
Cookapp may also share automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
3. General Data. User Data, such as the computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, and the date and time of your visit, may be automatically collected through the use of “cookies” (small files that are stored on your computer by a website to give you a unique identification). Cookies also keep track of services Users or Members have used, record registration information regarding your login name and password, ensure Users and Members do not repeatedly see advertisements, record preferences and keep you logged into the Cookapp Site. We treat general User data as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifying information mentioned above and, in those cases, will only use it as aggregate data.
- Web Beacons. The Cookapp Site and Application may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how the Cookapp Site and Application are used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our Member communications and marketing campaigns.
- Phishing. Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Cookapp. Safeguarding information to help protect Users and Memebrs from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your Cookapp Account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov.
Cookapp is an online social platform which offers its Members a community platform for Hosts to offer their private homes to Guests for the purpose of hosting a private, food-centered Member Sponsored Event via online listings. Once connected, Members either 1) prepare, attend, and/or consume social meals in the private home of a Host and/or 2) form or join a group or club that mutually provides, prepares, serves, and consumes food. Cookapp does not operate any form of food or dining establishment and has no plans to do so in the future. If you post a listing, we may publish that listing publicly via the Cookapp Site and Application and may enable third parties to publish your listing on their websites through the use of an HTML "widget". We may also display the geographical location of your listing in the form of a map so that potential Guests can see the general area and neighborhood of your listing, but your actual street address will not be disclosed until you enter into a confirmed transaction with another Member.
If you request to make a booking via the Cookapp Site, Application, and/or Service, Cookapp will share the following information about you with the applicable Host: (i) your first and last name, (ii) a link to your Cookapp Account profile page, (iii) the names of any Members of an SNS with whom you are "friends" or associated on the SNS if such individuals are also "friends" or associated with the Host on such SNS, and (iv) an indication that the name that you provided to Cookapp when you became a Member matches the name that you provided to the SNSs to which you have linked your Cookapp Account. All of this information will enable the Host to decide whether to confirm or reject your booking. When a Host confirms a booking we will share pieces of the Host’s identifying information, including, but not limited to, full name, phone number, the Member Event’s address and the Host’s email address, with the applicable Guest selected by the Host and we will share pieces of the Guest’s identifying information with the Host, including without limitation, full name, phone number, and email address, so the Guest and Host may contact each other directly. In no event is a Guest's Billing Information shared with a Host.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell, rent or share personally identifiable information with third parties without prior consent except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy. We may share personally identifiable information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. These functions may include: analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and processing payment transactions. In all cases we limit the information shared with our third-party vendors to that which is necessary to carry out those functions. We require that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with this Policy, we use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information, and we require these parties to use any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. We are not responsible for any information provided to third party vendors or other Members directly, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to them.
We may share automatically collected, demographic and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to help identify trends and understand User needs so we can provide better features and services.
We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, without limitation, sending communications on our behalf (including our e-mail communications), analyzing data, providing marketing, or service assistance, creating, and providing customer service. These third parties may have access to our Users’ personally identifiable information in order to provide these services to us or on our behalf.
Except as stated in this Policy, we do not share personally identifiable information about Users with third parties unless we reasonably believe that doing so is legally required or is in Cookapp’s interest to protect its property or other legal rights or the rights or property of others. We will disclose any information to government or law enforcement officials and to our insurance services providers as we, in our sole discretion, that is believe necessary or appropriate to administer our Cookapp Cook Guarantee/contract, to protect the property and rights of Cookapp or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or poses a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
In addition, information about our Users and Members, including personally identifiable information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, equity or debt financing or sale of Cookapp assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
Third Parties/External Websites
Member Profile and Password
If you become a Member, you can update, correct, or delete your Member information and email subscription preferences by going to the account section on the Cookapp Site consistent with the other policies and agreements governing your use of the Cookapp Site.
Member information is accessible online only through the use of a password. To protect the confidentiality of your personal information as a Member, we recommend that you keep your password confidential.
We use reasonable security measures in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. However, we cannot guarantee protection of all information in all cases. For example, we cannot guarantee protection against interception, misappropriation, misuse, or alteration, or that information will not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that is transmitted to us by Users or Members and transmission is done at the risk of the User or Member. Additionally, we have absolutely no control over the security of other sites that Users and Members might visit, interact with or do business with.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify our Users and Members electronically so that they can take appropriate protective steps. Cookapp may post a notice on the Cookapp Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us upon registration in these circumstances. Depending on where a User or Member resides, these Users or Members may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) please notify us.
We will modify this Policy if our privacy practices materially change. We will notify Users and Members of such changes by posting the new policy on the Cookapp Site and indicating the date it was last updated at the bottom of the Policy. We encourage Users and Members to review the Policy each time the Cookapp Site is visited to see if it has been updated, in order understand how personal information that has been provided will be used.
With your consent we may post your testimonial on the Cookapp Site and Application along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Policy Towards Children
The Site and Application are not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Notice to California Residents: Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (1) a list of the categories of information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please write to us with a reference to California Disclosure Information at: Cookapp, Inc., 175 Varick St 4th Floor, New York, NY 10014 United States or at hi@Cookapp.com.
California law requires that we provide California Residents a summary of their privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“California Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by the California Act, this Policy identifies the categories of personally identifiable information that we collect through our website about individuals who use or visit our website and the categories of third-party persons or entities with whom such personally identifiable information may be shared.
Do Not Track Notice
Right to be Forgotten Notice
Cookapp does not track its Users across third party websites, nor does it allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information using the Service. As such, the Service does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” requests.
European Union citizens using the Cookapp site may have a right to have the content or links to their past Member profiles be removed if, and only if, the information becomes, “inadequate, irrelevant, or no longer relevant. For further inquiry into the Cookapp Site and the applicability of the EU “Right to be Forgotten” law, please email us at hi@Cookapp.com. [Note: a standard provision covering “Right to be Forgotten” laws does not seem to exist yet, at least not in a tangible form. We can redraft this provision further if it is found to be inadequate]
For any questions about this Policy, or the practices of or dealings with the Cookapp Site, please email us at hi@Cookapp.com or write us at:
175 Varick St 4th Floor
New York, NY 10014
4844-3369-5260, v. 4